Accident / Incident Investigation is a technique, adopting which the Investigation or Investigating Team proceed procedurally, sequentially and analytically to obtain details, circumstances, reasons and facts behind the occurrence, based on which the immediate causes and more importantly the root causes are ascertained. This technique has to be learnt through training and field exercises so that the trained/ skilled persons help the organization in reaching the facts behind the occurrence. The recommended measures help in preventing such or even more serious incidents in future.
Trainees also come to learn the legal, financial, moral, societal and technical reasons for conducting investigation. It is worth noting that for significant incidents, there is high power judicial/ technical investigation that forms the basis for changes in law of the land.
Benefits of Accident Investigation Training
- The causes behind the occurrence help in formulating measures to prevent such or even more serious incidents.
- Organization is equipped with a band of trained investigators who can shoulder the task of conducting enquiry investigations.
- The organization can define and chalk out more efficient roles and responsibilities, following which overall EHS culture can get a boost.
- Managerial skill and work force behaviour can be further improved based on the positive recommendation of the investigations.
On successful completion of this course students will be issued with a Certificate of Completion.
A Training need identification
- Business needs
- Current competencies
- Training methods
Who should opt for Accident Investigation Training?
This course is intended for your organization’s HSE representative(s), Joint Health and Safety Committee Members, Managers and Supervisors.
Outcomes of Accident Investigation Training
- Accident Investigation Definitions
- Why Investigate Accidents
- Accident Sequence Model
- Initial Response to an Accident
- Interviewing Techniques
- Identifying the Causes of the Accident
- Role Plays to Develop Investigation Skills
- Accident Ratio Safety
- Legal Requirements of the OH&S Act
- Loss Causation Model
- Collecting Information
- Organizing and Analyzing the Information
- Making Recommendations for Corrective Actions
- Effective safety training lead to safe work culture, high morale, increased productivity hence high credibility.
How we deliver Accident Investigation Training
We deliver training with commitment and not contempt. Our training program includes classroom sessions to practical training sessions. This includes
- Power point presentations
- 3D animation movies
- Behavior modeling method
- Case studies
- Q & A sessions
- Group discussion
- One to one interaction
- Practical training